Country Manager, Zambia
Land O'Lakes International Development
Land O’Lakes International Development is seeking a Country Manager for our development activities in Zambia. This position is responsible for successful implementation of project(s) and achievement of deliverables in grant agreements and effective management of the project workload including all financial, planning, administrative compliance and reporting, and monitoring and evaluation. Responsibilities include:
- Coordinating and directing all activities with respect to implementation of Land O’Lakes’ development program in Zambia, providing general technical guidance and management. This includes assisting farmers and agribusinesses to develop their capacities to produce, process and market products, as well as assisting in the development and strengthening of the dairy industry support systems and related associations in Zambia.
- Ensuring effective planning and achievement of project goals and results targets.
- Supervising all Land O’Lakes staff in Zambia in accordance with good management practices and host country labor laws.
- Monitoring all country budgets to ensure that expenditures are within approved budget parameters and that all appropriate financial reporting and regulatory requirements are met. Overseeing the preparation and submission of annual activity-based project budgets as well as monthly and quarterly financial reports as required by Land O’Lakes and donor organizations.
- Ensuring close collaboration and coordination with cooperating partners to guarantee smooth implementation of activities and achievement of results as specified in grant agreements.
- Initiating, cultivating and maintaining contacts with officials and leaders of host government and donor agencies, non-governmental organizations, institutional partners, cooperatives, and commercial entities in the region to develop new funding opportunities for Land O’Lakes International Development and ensuring that current and future activities are effectively implemented.
- Ensuring project activities comply with regulations of Land O’Lakes, USAID and other relevant donors. Overseeing the acquisition and management of office and project property; manage bank accounts as required; and, maintain property and bank accounts.
- Advanced degree in Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Business Management, Animal Science or a related field or equivalent relevant experience.
- A minimum of five years experience in managing development programs.
- Proven personnel and financial management experience.
- Previous dairy and livestock experience.
- Strong English language skills.
- A minimum of five years field and technical experience in developing countries, Africa experience.
- Experience living and working in Africa, especially Zambia.
If you are new to Land O’Lakes’ database, please register and create a profile at http://apply.idd.landolakes.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted.
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Land O'Lakes enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.